Ballarat Line Upgrade
Ballarat Line Upgrade will enable much-needed extra services during peak times, and trains every 40 minutes off-peak, to service growing communities in Melbourne’s outer west and Ballarat.
What will happen?
The Ballarat Line Upgrade includes:
- Stage 1:
- duplication of 18 kilometres of track between Deer Park West and Melton
- a new train station at Toolern, between Rockbank and Melton, separately funded by the Victorian Government’s Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution
- Rockbank station rebuild, including platform extensions, pedestrian link and a new car park
- an extra track at Wendouree
- track duplication at Bacchus Marsh
- relocating stabling facilities from Bacchus Marsh to Maddingley
- passing loops at Ballan and Millbrook
- signalling upgrades and track improvements.
- Stage 2:
- signalling upgrades
- track improvements
- stabling facilities at Ararat
For more information about the upgrade (benefits, current works, etc), please click on the link below: